The number of people who buy a desktop computer has decreased dramatically for two reasons: the prices and specifications of laptops. Nevertheless, Choosing the best cheap laptop is a difficult task for many people.
That is why we have created this article, with recommendations from different laptops for less than € 1,000. As in all our guides, we will update this list every month so that you always have the best options at your best price at your fingertips.
But before we start, we want to recommend other lists that may be of interest to you:
- The Best Gamer Laptops ;
- The Best Configurations for PC ;
- The Best Monitors of the moment ;
- The best mechanical keyboards ;
The Best Cheap Laptops of the Moment
Cheap laptop of 200 € – ASUS C202SA-GJ0023
If you are looking for a € 200 laptop, it is because you need it to work. If so, nothing better than a Chromebook, that is, a laptop that works with Google apps, which decreases the price but also makes life easier for many users.
This particular one comes with an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 2 GB of DDR3L RAM, an 11 “HD screen and a battery capable of lasting up to 10 hours of use. Its storage of 16 GB may be a bit fair, but you can always increase it with SD cards.
- Lenovo Yoga 300 | € 232: It has an Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM and a 32GB hard drive. In addition to its rotating design that transforms it into a tablet, it also has Windows 10.
- Prixton PC14 | € 159 – Although we have not yet tried it, we have acquaintances who have done it and have been impressed with its performance for the price. Come on, that your Intel processor is not an i7, but for the most common tasks it defends itself.
- Primux PTTO1 | € 205: It is a brand that you may not know, but its many buyers recommend it. This cheap laptop has a 14.1 “FHD screen, 2 GB of RAM and a 32GB hard drive.
- Medion Akoya | € 216 : It is a laptop with a very small screen, 11.6 “, but attention, which is tactile. Pulling that, it incorporates an Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage and has Windows 10.
Cheap laptop of 300 € – HP Stream 14-ax003ns
We continue our list with a 14 “laptop with many extras that may be worth it. Not only does it have a rather elegant white design, but its interior is also powerful: Intel processor, 4 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage that can be expanded with SD cards and an integrated camera.
The best thing is that it already brings Windows 10 in conjunction with Office 365. Although this may seem normal, it is not in the days of today, as many brands do not integrate the operating system to lower costs.
- Lenovo Ideapad 110-15 | € 269: It is a little more expensive than the previous one, but it is not so much. It has an Intel Celeron N3060 processor, 4 GB of RAM, 500GB storage and a 15.6 “screen. It also brings Windows 10 installed.
- Lenovo Yoga 300-11 | € 299 – Another Lenovo, but this is convertible and somewhat smaller. If you need something that works as a tablet, for less than € 400 this is a good option.
- HP Notebook 250 G6 | € 271 – It does not come with an operating system, but it has an Intel processor, 4 GB of RAM, DVD recorder, 500 GB storage, 15.6 “HD screen and a weight of just 1.8 kg.
- Lenovo V110-15IAP | € 294 : It is not the most powerful Lenovo laptop, nor the prettiest, but for less than € 300 it is not bad. It has a 15.6 “HD screen, an Intel Celeron processor, 4 GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive.
- HP Pavilion X2 | € 289 : If you are looking for something more “portable”, then this HP may like you. Although it is called a laptop, the truth is that it also works as a tablet. It has an Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage and a 10.1 “touch screen.
Cheap laptop of 400 € – Lenovo Essential V110-15ISK
For a little less than € 400 we can find a laptop with an Intel i3-6006U processor, 4 GB of RAM and 500GB of storage and a 15.6 “HD screen. In relation to its design, it is quite simple and with a tough construction in a hard plastic.
We choose it because it is the cheapest option and with the best value for money at the moment. As you can see below, there are other alternatives with the same specifications, but with a slightly higher price.
- Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ISK | € 365 – At the level of specifications is identical to our first recommendation, only its design is different.
- Acer SF114-31-C24G | € 329: A lighter and transportable version to take into account. It has a storage of 64 GB, Intel Celeron processor, and a HD screen of 14 “. All this in a thin body of just 1.6Kg.
- HP Notebook 250 G6 | € 372 : It is the same laptop that we recommend for less than € 300, but it has a better processor.
- HP 250 G5 | € 398: If you prefer a computer with an SSD, despite being small, this HP is what you need. It has an Intel processor i3-5005U, 4GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, a 15.6 “HD screen and still Windows 10.
Cheap laptop of 500 € – Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ISK
If you want a comfortable laptop to work with and take with you everywhere, this Lenovo is the best there is now. Have a Intel i3-7100U and a 128GB SSD that will give you fluency in most tasks. But if you prefer a version with a 500GB HDD, always you can get it too .
Its design and reduced weight will allow you to take it everywhere without problems. It is true that it is limited by its 4 GB of RAM and 15.6 “HD screen, but for the most common office tasks, it is perfect. It comes with Windows 10.
- CHUWI LapBook Air | € 429: Surely you have seen this brand selling tablets, but has also released quite interesting computers, such as this ultrabook quite complete and FHD screen.
- Acer Swift SF113-31-C1ZH | € 490: Another Ultrabook a little more limited due to its Intel Celeron processor, but to keep in mind.
- Acer EX2540-5361 | € 464 : Another excellent option is this Acer that brings a seventh generation i5 processor.
Cheap 600 € laptop – There is no winner
For this price we do not find a clear recommendation, once the laptops are quite similar to those found for less than € 500. If you need something more powerful, you must make the jump up to 600-700 €.
For this price you will find better designs and construction, but in terms of benefits, they will all be very similar. Anyway, here are some recommendations.
- Lenovo Yoga 510-14 | € 499 : It is a convertible ultrabook of 14 “with HD screen and a 128 GB SSD.
- HP Pavilion x360 14-ba029ns | € 588: At the level of performance is very similar to the one we recommend for less than € 500, however, this has a touch screen and is convertible.
- Acer Swift SF314-51-30QN | € 609 : If you need a cheap ultrabook, this cheap laptop is what you need. Brings an Intel i3, 4 GB of RAM and a 128 GB SSD. The best thing is that it has a 14 “screen and a weight of just 1.5Kg.
- Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ISK | € 602 : A laptop with an i7 processor, however, in this case, it does not have a dedicated graphic.
- Lenovo Yoga Book ZA15 | € 606 – It looks more like a tablet than a laptop, but its Atom X5 processor and compact design will allow you to work on it as if it were a laptop. Perfect for those who want a light and small device.
- HP 15-BS019NS | € 649: A fairly recent laptop, with a clean and simple design, but with good enough performance for multitasking: i5, 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage.
NOTE : From now on we start recommending portable gaming and multitasking. For 700 € you can already find cheap laptops oriented to the gaming world, so it seems right to recommend them. However, as they are usually a bit heavier and with a shorter battery life, we will continue recommending others for other tasks.
Best Laptops for less than € 700
For Gaming – HP Pavilion Power 15-CB036NS
This laptop is one of the best we can find for less than € 700. It has an excellent i7-7700HQ processor accompanied by the GTX 1050 graphics with 2GB GDDR5. It is true that it has just 4 GB of RAM, but it can be easily extended. It also has no operating system, but this makes its price is not so high.
Its design is quite different from what we usually see in laptop gamer, and that can be a positive point for all those who do not like it. But if you do not like its design, you can also see the following alternatives.
- ASUS GL553VD-DM470 | € 721 – Unlike the previous one, its processor is an i5, but its graphics, the GTX 1050 has 4 GB GDDR5. It also comes without an operating system and with 1TB of storage.
For Multitasking – ASUS UX410UA-GV010T
If you need a laptop with good performance, you can choose the one we chose earlier for Gaming. However, if you want a laptop for office automation, browsing the Internet and working, this ASUS is an excellent option.
It has a 14 “screen and a weight of just 1.5Kg. It incorporates an Intel i5 processor that can run the apps you need, as well as a SSD disk of just 128 GB. Maybe the storage is something short, so you should work with documents in the cloud.
- ASUS K756UV-TY108T | € 699: This 15.6 “laptop has an HD screen, an Intel i7-7200U processor, 8 GB of RAM and even an NVIDIA GT920MX graphics. It is true that you do not have an SSD, but you can almost add it.
- Medion S3409 | € 719 – It is a 13.3 “ultrabook with a 256 GB SSD and an i7-7500U processor.
- ASUS R510VX-DM577 | € 655 – Our first alternative has a less powerful graphics, but its processor is more recent and integrates 8 GB of RAM.
- Lenovo 310-15IKB | € 786 – With an i5 processor, a GT920 Nvidia graphics and 8 GB of RAM, it is possibly one of the best alternatives for this price.
Best Laptops for less than € 800
For Gaming – MSI GL62M 7RDX-2203XES
For € 800 it is a bit difficult to find an i7 processor accompanied by a next generation GTX. For that it is necessary to increase the budget a bit, but if you are not very demanding or you will not need a more powerful processor, the i5-7300HQ is enough to run the games currently in conjunction with the GTX 1050.
It is a nice laptop, with good ventilation and a very competitive price. Right now it is the best we can find for this price. If you can stretch your budget a bit more, it may be worth buying the GTX 1050 Ti version.
- ASUS GL553VD-DM470 | € 749: An excellent alternative The only problem is that it only has 4 GB of RAM.
- Lenovo Y520-15IKBN | € 799: This has 8 GB of RAM, but the graphics, the GTX 1050, barely has 2 GB GDDR5, and not 4 GB as our first recommendation.
For Multitasking – HP Pavilion Power 15-cb000ns
It is not an ultrabook, but it is a fairly light laptop for its size and internal specifications. With this laptop you can watch movies thanks to its FHD screen, play with its GTX 1050 graphics and you do not have to worry about installing an operating system, once it has Windows 10 Home 64 as standard. It still has a version with the i7-7700HQ processor , but we do not believe that it compensates the difference in price.
- HP 15-CC508NS | € 759: As a first alternative we have a laptop with a more interesting design, but with a more limited performance.
- Acer F5-573G-507X | € 799 – Although it has risen in price considerably, this laptop with an i5-7200U and a GTX 940MX graphics continues to be a good option. In addition to this, it brings 8 GB of RAM and 1TB of internal storage.
Best Laptops for less than € 900
For Gaming – MSI GL62M 7REX-2202XES
It may seem a bit repetitive, but our recommendation for portable Gaming is again an MSI. It is the same model that we recommended previously, only now it brings a GTX 1050 Ti.
- ASUS GL553VD-DM078 | € 864 – Contrary to our first recommendation, this laptop has a more powerful processor, the i7-7700HQ. That is why, if you give it a multitasking use, it may be that it compensates you more.
- ASUS GL753VD-GC009 | € 849: Same in specifications to the previous one, only with a screen of 17.3 “FHD.
- Lenovo Ideapad Y520-15IKBN | € 899 – It has a GTX 1050, an i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM. You can expand the RAM and add an SSD to further improve its performance.
- HP Pavilion Power 15-CB009NS | € 899 – It is another laptop with specifications very similar to the previously recommended. The only difference lies in its design, which is more casual.
For Multitasking – Acer Spin 5
Although we can find the Acer Spin in versions with the Intel i5, we integrate it in this position as it seems an excellent laptop to work outside the home and for all those who need something that is transportable and malleable.
Its touch screen will allow you to use it as a tablet, but beware that your i7 processor, as well as the 8 GB of RAM and the 256 GB SSD disk will make you feel that you are still using a computer. It brings Windows 10, it has a card reader and its screen can be small (13 “), but it has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (FHD).
- Acer Aspire Switch Alpha (i7) | € 958 – another powerful notebook / tablet with 8 GB of RAM, an Intel i7 and a 256 GB SSD.
- Lenovo Yoga 520-14 | € 915 – Last month it cost less than € 900, which made it an excellent option for that price. Now it’s a good alternative to our Acer, especially if you’re looking for something with a touch screen.
Best Laptops for less than € 1000
Portable gaming for € 1,000 – MSI GL62M 7RDX-1655XES
We recommend another MSI gaming notebook, from the same range, but this time with a 256 GB SSD. If you’re really going to play, we recommend you choose one with the GTX 1050 Ti and eventually add an SSD. However, if you play from time to time and do not dream of extra FPS, this option is appropriate.
- HP Pavilion Power 15-cb009ns | € 999: A pretty nice laptop with a weight of just 2.2Kg. It is powerful, but not like the others. Perfect for casual players.
- ASUS GL553VD-FY079T | € 959: It has a spectacular design and faces the best we found for this price. The only drawback is that it does not bring any SSD.
- ACER VX5-591G-73J6 | € 963 – This particular laptop comes with an i7-7700HQ processor and a GTX 1050 graphics card. As an extra it comes with a 128GB SSD.
- MSI GL72M 7RDX-680XES | € 1033 – It is identical to the one recommended in the first place, just with a 17 “screen.
For Multitasking – ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331
I have no doubt that this laptop is the best for multitasking you can find. Not only is it mild, but also quite powerful, once it integrates an Intel i7-8550u processor, 8GB of RAM, an NVIDIA MX150 graphics and still an internal storage of 512GB SSD.
It is an extremely light laptop, but also quite small, once your screen is only 13.3 “FHD. Perfect for traveling, but also run the most demanding apps and even some games.
- LG Gram i7 7500U | € 965 – This laptop weighs less than 1Kg, is quite thin and is also powerful: i7 7500U processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256GB SSD and still FHD screen.
- ASUS UX360UAK-BB343T | € 999: It is perhaps the nicest ASUS laptop on this list and one of the most portable. It is small, has a touch screen and a 256 GB SSD.
- Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB | € 999 – It is a convertible laptop with a touch screen of 13.3 “FHD. It has an i5 processor, 16 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD.
- Toshiba Satellite Pro A50-D-1C1 | € 919 – Toshiba is back with a 15.6 “ultrabook, 16 GB of RAM and an i7-7500U processor.
- Huawei Matebook E | € 999 – This laptop is passed off as a tablet, but its extremely powerful performance makes it stand out. It has a 12 “2K screen and an SSD disk of up to 256GB. We recommend it for everyone who wants a touchscreen laptop and something quite mild.
What laptop to buy?
Before we have shown you the result of more than 12 hours of work, so if you still continue with questions about which laptop to choose, do not worry, we will help you.
First of all we took into account the price of laptops and their specifications. After that, we saw the opinions of its different users about the device and about the support of the company. Knowing all this, we can compare them once again and find the best one.
Processors – the heart of the laptop
In cheap laptops, having a good processor is essential, since it is the one that is in charge of running the applications and games properly. A low-powered processor will transform your experience as a user into a nightmare.
In addition to the processor, you must take into account the RAM , which serves to keep different programs and tasks open at the same time on the computer. For less than € 500, most cheap laptops have 4 GB (6 GB in some cases). But for more than € 500 it is very common to incorporate 8 GB. Another aspect that you can not forget is if you can expand RAM in the future.
Internal storage is also fundamental. In all our main recommendations you will have at least 500 GB HDD, but it is possible to find with 1 TB as you go up prices. An SSD will give you more speed, but if the laptop you want does not incorporate it, you may be able to integrate it in the future.
If you will use the computer just for common tasks , like browsing, Office or watching movies, maybe you are not interested in having a dedicated graphic . However, if you want to use an image editing program or play a game, such as LoL, it is important to have one.
The graphic plates will allow you to run these applications in the best way on your computer, however, they mean more weight and a shorter battery life.
Can I get a Gaming laptop for these prices?
For less than € 600 it is difficult to recommend a gaming laptop. Most use the graphics integrated in the processor, so the results are not the best. However, for a little more we started to see laptops with the NVIDIA GTX 1050, which is a good graphics nowadays.
In addition to the graph, it is convenient that the processor is at least one i5. If it’s a better i7 yet. 8 GB of RAM is also the most recommended, and an SSD if possible, to install the operating system and the games that you play the most. Gaming laptops tend to be heavier and their batteries last much less, also consider the cooling system.
Now that you know a little about each type of laptop and what you should consider, we show you our recommendations.
Operating system, Office, Antivirus …
Many of today’s laptops do not come with an operating system, something that allows them to lower costs. If yours does not have an operating system, you can get it at very low prices in stores like Kinguin or G2A.
Other firmware to keep in mind when buying a PC is the Office and the Antivirus. If you are not going to download Torrents files or install pirated apps, an Antivirus is not necessary. But if you do it, you may want to have at least one installed Free Antivirus . In the case of the Office, it is always necessary, so we recommend you to see our list about how to download office for free .
We hope you liked our list with the most recommended laptops for less than € 1000. If you have any questions or recommendations, do not hesitate to leave it in the comments.